Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

think like a winner.

"If you think you can or cant, you're right" -Henry Ford


In the process of deciding what I want, I took it upon myself to gather outside opinions. I know what I want at the end of it all. I train, I work, I sweat because ultimately I have this dream I'm reaching for. Day in and day out, this dream is what drives me. As humans we thrive on support from others, and I suppose I was just being human, taking this on.

Some people are behind me 100%, say I have what it takes, want to see me succeed. Those opinions came few.

Ofcourse not everybody will believe in me, some people will think I don't have what it takes, some people say I'm in over my head. I felt like I was drowning yesterday, unsure if right now is the right time to fight for this goal.

A conversation with somebody keeps repeating itself in my head. "Crys you're within arms reach of your dream and they aren't even stretched out." Those are the words I can't forget.

I clear my mind when I run, and thats exactly what I did this morning, while I appreciate the negative comments along with the positive. What I think of myself is what matters. Whether or not I believe in myself will get me through these next 12 weeks. So starting today, I'm not asking you to believe in me, because I know I have what it takes. I have a goal to reach, and I can't stop until its in my hands...

"If you don't have confidence, you'll always find a way not to win." - Carl Lewis

1 comment:

  1. Very well said!!! And for the record, I totally 100% believe in you...

    Go for it Crystal, I know you will do it!!!!!

    Your proud Uncle,
    Cesar

    ReplyDelete