Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

update

I'm major slacking on my blog. Partially because school has taken over my life, and partially because nothing new and exciting has taken place. My 2 week break ended and I will say it went fairly well, I did not enter our weightroom not once. I caught up on any sleep I ever missed out on in 2010, and I caught up on my classes. It was kind of nice, boring but nice.

I had to explain this to my family recently, regarding my lifestyle and I'd like to share. I am a Figure Competitor. My body is my job, in a sense. I sometimes am at a crossroad because I cannot always be the fun one that goes out and indulges. A lot of times, I pass on hanging out with people, because I know food is involved. Its not always fun. At the same time. You cant quite turn on and off the competitor lifestyle, or you will end up paying for it with endless hours of cardio and hunger. I eat every 3 hrs, 2 1/2 at times, I do cardio once to twice a day, and I lift weights. Will I ever turn the switch off and live "normal?" That is normal for me. Its competitor normal.

I will confess I did let loose recently and went out, indulged, played. Where did it land me? Well, about 20lbs heavier than I was in July. Kind of scary to be honest, gaining 20 lbs in 4 months. So right now, along with damage control, I'm trying to find the happy medium. I realize I don't need to walk around with washboard abs year around, and it's a pretty high expectation for me to be honest. But I don't enjoy carrying around all this extra weight, its not fun at all.

So this blog isn't meant to be about my struggle with weight. I'll leave that as my last little tidbit regarding that issue. It started as a journey. I'm at the point in my journey where I need to find that balance everyone talks about. Balance work, school, diet and exercise, family, friends. I'm a work in progress in all aspects. The goal is to keep progressing and not lose sight of what matters.

No competitions soon, just life. Hopefully I can find something entertaining to blog about soon, because my life is a little boring right now :) Boring is nice though. I think I can handle boring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment